YIRIYIRMBANG – HAPPY. SACRED. COMFORTED
YIRIYIRIMBANG aims to strengthen a child and young person connection to family, community and country by established a sense of belonging for Aboriginal children in care.
OAMS will do this by:
- Aboriginal staff led Out Of Home Care service
- Focus on connections of child or young person so they don’t lose connection to culture
- Actively engaging in the children’s cultural planning and being proactive in life story work
- Promoting self-determination and family led decision making
- Build a register of Aboriginal potential Auntie’s and Uncles (foster carers) in our area.
- Providing resources to Aboriginal children and families to support cultural knowledge
- Culturally safe restoration program acknowledging that safety and the best interest of the child is paramount.
- There is access for all children and Auntie’s/Uncles to health and NDIS services delivered by OAMS
- Working with other agencies, families and communities as well as respective elders and leaders.
- Develop meaningful relationships with the children and community of belonging by meeting and consulting with the local people.