Clinical Privacy Information
As a patient of OAMS we require you to provide us with your personal details and a full medical history so we may
properly assess, diagnose, treat and be proactive in your health care needs.
We aim to protect the privacy and secure storage of your health information. You can request a copy of our privacy
policy which includes information about the collection, use and disclosure of your health information.
We require your consent to collect personal information about you and to use the information you provide in the
following ways. Please read this consent form carefully, and if you agree sign where indicated below.
- Administrative purposes in running our medical practice.
- Billing purposes, including compliance with Medicare and the Health insurance commission.
- Disclosure to others included in your healthcare including treating doctors, allied health professionals and
specialists outside of OAMS. This may occur in the form of referrals to other doctors and in the reports and
results returned to us following referrals.
- Disclosure to other doctors in the practice, locums and allied health professionals for the purpose of patient care
- For research and quality assurance activities to improve individual and community health management. This
information does not identify you but should information be required, you will be informed and
given the opportunity to ‘opt out’ of any involvement.
- To comply with any legislative or regulatory requirements e.g. notifiable diseases.
- For reminder letters which may be sent to you regarding your health care and management.
You can decline to have your health information used in all or some of the ways outlined above but it may affect how we
manage your health care to provide the best outcome for you.